The Oma Noma Heritage Festival




Last weekend I had a blast playing 'Noma Degraffenreid' at the Oma Noma Heritage Festival on the Bagnell Dam strip in Lake Ozark, Missouri. My best friend, Lilli, has played Oma for the last couple of years and asked me if I would play Noma. It was a lot fun to come out of my introvert shell and talk to the people who came out to take part in all of the festivities. Lilli and I even got to sit in a 1933 Cadillac to pose for some pictures. :)












Oma and Noma Degraffenreid were the first people to drive across the newly built Bagnell Dam in 1931. The Oma Noma Heritage Festival celebrates the sisters'  ride across the dam every year by transporting visitors to the festival back in time with old fashioned contests and actors dressed up in time period attire ranging from the 1920's to the 1970's.



0 comments :

Post a Comment